Basic digital hearing aids may require the wearer to make some manual adjustments in certain listening environments such as turning a volume control up or down, or pushing a button to change listening programs. In contrast, a more advanced hearing aid responds automatically to changes in the listener's environment, making changes based on the signals being detected by the hearing aid. The hearing aid wearer is not required to make any manual changes. As the level of the technology increases in hearing aids, so do the availability of advanced features.
Hearing Aid Styles
Hearing aids are available in many different sizes and styles thanks to advancements in digital technology and miniaturization of the internal components. Many of today's hearing aids are considered sleek, compact and innovative – offering solutions to a wide range of hearing aid wearers.
Various hearing aid styles we offer:
- Invisible in canal (IIC): These hearing aids fit deeper in the canal to provide an “invisible” appearance. They are ideal for individuals with mild-to-moderate hearing loss.
- Completely in canal (CIC): Custom-made to fit completely in the ear canal, these device have a small handle that sits outside the canal for insertion and removal. These hearing aids are designed for individuals with mild-to-moderate hearing loss.
- In the canal (ITC): These devices are made to sit inside the canal with a small portion of the hearing aid visible at the opening of the ear. They are ideal for individuals with mild-to-mildly-severe hearing loss.
- In the ear (ITE) or full shell: These devices are custom-fit to sit in the outer portion of the ear canal and are ideal for individuals with mild-to-severe hearing loss.
- Receiver-in-canal (RIC): Similar to a BTE and ITC, the receiver sits in the ear and this device comes in miniature styles. Ideal for individuals with mild-to-severe hearing loss.
- Behind the ear (BTE): The bodies of these hearing aids are worn behind the ear with a small receiver in the ear connected by a slim tube. They are ideal for individuals with mild to severe hearing loss.
- Invisible, Extended-Wear Hearing Aid (Lyric): Lyric is the first extended wear hearing device that is 100% invisible. The unique design and placement helps reduce background noise and feedback and provides exceptionally natural sound quality.
- Bluetooth Hearing Aid: Bluetooth-enabled hearing aids can be wirelessly connected via wireless streaming accessory to devices such as televisions, cell phones, tablets and FM systems.
- Rechargeable Hearing Aid: With rechargeable solutions, you can avoid the hassle of disposable batteries.
Hearing Aids By Manufacturer
Phonak's goal is to improve the quality of life of people with hearing loss. Phonak is the innovative force in hearing acoustics. With our creative solutions, we strive to overcome technological limitations - so that all people are able to hear, understand and fully enjoy life's rich landscapes of sound.
Lyric Invisible Hearing Aids
Lyric is the only deep ear hearing aid technology that offers complete invisibility. Thanks to its unique placement, you can enjoy the benefits of better hearing without anyone ever knowing you’re using a hearing aid.
ReSound provides excellent sound by offering innovative hearing solutions that combine original thinking and design with solid technology - all based on deep audiological insight and understanding of hearing aid users.
Starkey Hearing Technologies is much more than the hearing aids we produce. We are in the business of connecting people and changing lives. We believe being able to hear the world and the people around us is as essential to the human experience as breathing.
- Earplugs and earmolds for hunting: Designed to protect hunters from the damaging impacts of rounds fired.
- Earplugs and earmolds for music: Designed to optimize the musician’s experience by filtering out the damaging sounds, but allowing the music to reach the wearer.
- Earplugs and earmolds for swimming: Designed to stop water from entering the ears while swimming. Available in options that float, making them easy to keep track of.
- iCustom: Designed for use with any type of earbud or button-style earphones.
- DefendEar 1: Designed to amplify during situational awareness, but still block out damaging sounds.
- DefendEar 2: Optimized for intermittent or continuous shots.
- DefendEar Hunter: Provides standard digital features and also functions optimally in wind.
Assistive Devices & Accessories
Starkey Bragi Dash Pro
The tailored Dash Pro is customized to fit the exact shape of your ear canal for the best isolation and TailoredFit — allowing no loss of bass frequencies, detail or clarity.
Cell Phone Accessories
Although the FCC now requires that hearing aid compatible (HAC) cell phones meet strict guidelines for quality, some hearing aid users wish to further improve their cell phone experience. Add-on devices and cell phone accessories can make cell phones even more compatible with hearing aids. Many cell phones can be used with hearing aid telecoils. Hearing aid accessories that provide a hands-free option may also be helpful.
Hearing Loop Technology
If you are using or interested in buying a hearing aid with a telecoil feature, you may be wondering about what it does. This small coil of wire may seem simple, but the benefits it can provide to people who use it are manifold. This article explains the fundamentals of what a telecoil is and how it operates to improve your hearing ability.